We break the Yom Kipour fast with subya. It is also a principal drink in morning feasts and celebrations.
Ingredients: (For 1 lt Subya)
- 2 Cups Melon Seeds (Washed And Dried)
- 4 Cups Water
- ¾ Cup Sugar
- 50 Cm Muslin
- Pulverize melon seeds then blend with water and sugar at high speed for about10-15 minutes until the mixture turns white.
- Place the muslin in a bowl. Pour the mixture into the muslin.
- Form it into a sack.
- Slowly ad done cup of water and squeeze the extract from the muslin.
- Discard the husks. Taste and add more sugar if needed.
- Collect the seeds from sweet melons throughout the year.
- Wash them in colander and dry them completely.
- Store in jar.
- Prepare two hours before serving.
- For 3 lts of subya , 6 cups of melon seeds are needed.
- Subya will last a maximum of 2 days before it sours.